News & Events
We could not offer free adoptions without our wonderful Sponsors!
Thank you so much to Mammoth Pet Products, Tomahawk Live Trap LLC livetrap.com, Propane Energy Company, Lyle Oil Company, Alan’s Tire & Service, Lynda Gayle, CCC/SLP, REMAX Premier Properties/Womack Insurance/Bobby Forrest, Classic Paint & Auto Body & Wrecker Service/Classic Metal Buildings, The MALARK Foundation, Herbst & Associates, Karla Auld, Ron & Terri Morelock, Elizabeth Moyer, Shiloh Community Association, Weir Slurry, Speech Team/ MSSLC Habilitation Therapies Department, Ann Zarring, PNMT/ MSSLC Habilitation Therapies Department, Reed and Reed L.L.P., Attorneys at Law, Behavioral Health Services Department MSSLC, Terry Don Roach, Karen Sinkler, Debra Reynard, and all other Friends of LARAS House!
March 24, 2018 Mexia Rocks Event, Downtown Mexia & Mexia Civic Center
April 28, 2018 Boomtown History Festival, HEB
July 4, 2018 Mexia’s July 4th Festival (8am- 9:30PM) Firecracker 5K/1 Mile, HEB Kids Corner, Live Music & Fireworks
September or October 2018 Mexia’s Art Fest Mexia Civic Center & Downtown Mexia
SNIP IT 2017 (Summer Round Closed)
In order to better assist more residents and to try to cut down on the overpopulation of unwanted and dumped puppies in our area, LARAS has made several changes to this round of SNIP IT 2017.
- We will be offering vouchers for only FEMALE DOGS TO BE SPAYED. (We are not currently offering vouchers to neuter male dogs.)
- In addition to Limestone County, we will also be including our neighboring residents of Wortham and Teague.
- Due to overwhelming demand of spay/neuter assistance in our area, we will not be offering vouchers on a first come/first serve basis; we will offer vouchers through a questionnaire and select those in need with the dogs most at risk first and other criteria.
- The vouchers will be for pre-scheduled spay appointments at the veterinarian of our choice. Depending on appointment availability, size of the dog, and other criteria, we may use Limestone Veterinary in Groesbeck, ABC in Waco (we would transport), or Dr. Holmes in Mexia.
- The cost per voucher will be $25. This will cover the cost of the spay surgery. Any other charges (such as flea elimination, rabies vaccine, in-heat/pregnant, rabies vaccine, etc) will be the responsibility of pet owner.
The questionnaire may be downloaded here: Download SNIP Application The returned questionnaires will be considered through June 15, 2017 for this next round. No phone calls please–we will only be considering issuing vouchers from the questionnaire. OUR GOAL IS TO SPAY AT LEAST 100 MORE FEMALE DOGS BY THE END OF 2017.