News & Events
Enter to win a new iPhone & other prizes by helping our pets find their forever homes! Our animal buddies need new photos for their online profiles & you can help us get new glamour shots that will make them irresistible. Simply visit LARAS House & find a pet (or a few), take some beautiful photos of them then submit your best to the contest by posting each photo individually to FaceBook with #larashouse & the corresponding pet’s hashtag (#AthenaLARAS, #WyattLARAS, #PitaLARAS) before October 1, 2017. A vote will determine the best photos & prizes awarded. Please check back soon for additional information.
BOW WOW MEOW 2017
Check back soon for more information.
SNIP IT 2017
(Summer Round Closed)
In order to better assist more residents and to try to cut down on the overpopulation of unwanted and dumped puppies in our area, LARAS has made several changes to this round of SNIP IT 2017.
- We will be offering vouchers for only FEMALE DOGS TO BE SPAYED. (We are not currently offering vouchers to neuter male dogs.)
- In addition to Limestone County, we will also be including our neighboring residents of Wortham and Teague.
- Due to overwhelming demand of spay/neuter assistance in our area, we will not be offering vouchers on a first come/first serve basis; we will offer vouchers through a questionnaire and select those in need with the dogs most at risk first and other criteria.
- The vouchers will be for pre-scheduled spay appointments at the veterinarian of our choice. Depending on appointment availability, size of the dog, and other criteria, we may use Limestone Veterinary in Groesbeck, ABC in Waco (we would transport), or Dr. Holmes in Mexia.
- The cost per voucher will be $25. This will cover the cost of the spay surgery. Any other charges (such as flea elimination, rabies vaccine, in-heat/pregnant, rabies vaccine, etc) will be the responsibility of pet owner.
The questionnaire may be downloaded here: Download SNIP Application The returned questionnaires will be considered through June 15, 2017 for this next round. No phone calls please–we will only be considering issuing vouchers from the questionnaire. OUR GOAL IS TO SPAY AT LEAST 100 MORE FEMALE DOGS BY THE END OF 2017.